Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sticky lollipops tonight

Options
Been wanting to try these for a while now and finally pulled the trigger. Did these raised indirect at about 375-400 (grate and dome were varying a bit but that’s really close). Dusted with Yardbird then basted them with a sauce recipe I found on Cooks Illustrated (ACV/Honey/Soy sauce/Ketchup and a few spices) the last 10 min and cranked the heat up to around 450. Thickened the leftover sauce and poured over right before serving. Stellar outcome. 

Odd little anomaly though, def cooked hotter front and center than anywhere else on the grate. Always heard Eggs favor the back/middle for a hot spot. Didn’t hurt a thing but it was noticeable enough I had to jockey them around a bit when I cranked the heat up. Unless y’all have a theory we’ll call it a ghost in the machine lol. 

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    nice looking cook!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice spread.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL