Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT earbud recommendation

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
I may be looking for a unicorn, hopefully not

Apple earbuds don’t fit me and I’m not excited about paying the premium anyway.

Looking for something that holds well if I’m being active, + music sound quality, mic on both sides so I can use L or R for work calls, + battery life and charging case, active noise canceling on the microphones to limit background noise.  Passive noise canceling is enough for me for earbuds when they seal well, I have some Sony cans when I want to tune out on a plane.

I tried a pair of RHAs yesterday and the sound was great, but just one ear had a mic and it picked up lots of background noise.  I had some Bose with the wire behind the head a year or two ago and they were decent, but I want to cut that cord now as well and that’s where the one mic was.

I will say, I’ve read a ton of reviews and they all start or end with “this is an apple beater” and are all recommended.  Reviews seem to focus on each as either music oriented or sport or oriented.  Not a lot of info on call quality and using regularly for phone.

any suggestions?

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Did a lot of research (and started a forum thread looking for recommendations) before buying my wife the Jabra Active Elite 65T earbuds. She loves ‘em, and after being gifted some Bose and then subsequently reading reviews of them, the Jabras seem A TON better rated. I don’t mind paying a hefty price tag for a quality item, but I find the pricing on the AirPod Pros insulting and won’t buy out of sheer principle. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just tried to find my earbud thread, but it was nuked (for unknown reasons). 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Thanks @GrateEggspectations, I was looking for that thread as well, finally gave up.
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    I bought a pair of the Jabra Active Elite 65T buds a few months ago.  I only use them to listen to music at the Y, though, and I don't think they meet all your requirements re: mic and sound dampening @Legume.  I'm satisfied with the sound quality. 

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I bought a set of these to listen to music while exercising. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RDLBHGC/

They work really well and come with different size ear tips so you can change to whichever one fits you best. 

I've taken calls with them and sound quality is good there too. I'm actually about to order another set to use with my work laptop instead of the corded headphones they provided. At under $50 these will go a long way. Especially when they're at least 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of the mentioned Jabra items. I've had mixed results with Jabra products over the years.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    You guys convinced me...just ordered the Jabra elite 65T’s for the wife.  Her birthday is in a couple weeks.