Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

UPDATED: WINNERS LIST - EGGtoberfest Tickets!

The_BuffaloThe_Buffalo Posts: 320
edited October 2 in EggHead Forum
UPDATE: @The_Buffalo has made his decision...here are your 6 winners for EGGtoberfest 2019!

A message on how to redeem your tickets will be emailed to the email you provided when you signed up for this forum.

Congrats, 
@The_Buffalo

It's that time of year and once again we will be giving you a chance to win EGGtoberfest passes! 

The Buffalo invites you to join us at the sold out EGGtoberfest 2019 ... and since he is a kind and benevolent Buffalo, he is going to check this specific thread on Oct 1st, and on that day will award a few of the entries tickets to the event. 

This year he will give 6 lucky forum members (+ one guest each) your choice of General Admission or "COOKS" tickets to EGGtoberfest, where you will cook next to #BGETeamGreen in a section called the "Forum Feast"!

TO ENTER: Just tell us why you should be at EGGtoberfest 2019 --- the names will be selected from all the postings here, extra points for creativity, and you could be joining the Buffalo and his herd on October 12th! Keep it civil, keep it clean, and have fun! 

Each of the 6 winners will win two tickets each, choice of GEN ADMIN or COOKS.
You are responsible for getting to EGGtoberfest at your own expense, and for your accommodations.
If you are going to cook, you must agree to show up by 8am on Saturday! 
We will provide EGGs to cook on, a work table, charcoal, ice, and a tent for your area.
We will also provide a selection of proteins (wings, beef, turkey, etc). 
All you have to do is show up on time with your game face, seasonings, sauces, rubs,
condiments, tools, and have fun cooking!

You can cook any other personal recipe you want, but you will be responsible for 
bringing whatever you want to cook if it is not something we are providing.
IMPORTANT- any food brought into EGGfest must be properly chilled and 
stored properly to Food Safety Standards.  We will provide ice, but the food
must arrive in properly chilled containers and meet Food Safety standards.

If you just want GEN ADMIN passes, we'll send you a download link and
you can just come and enjoy the day without cooking.  Start writing and
get those entries in!!

EGGtoberfest 2019 is on Saturday, October 12th at Stone Mountain Park.
Kind Regards,

Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• ryanttryantt Posts: 2,143
    @Carolina Q that sounds good to me.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • OhioEggerOhioEgger Posts: 581
    I was one of the lucky winners last year and it was just an awesome experience. Eggfest on steroids. The international guests alone, explaining their European take on BBQ and how they used Eggs in their countries, were just an amazing experience and I loved listening to them. 

In between learning new stuff, I seem to remember a few bites of amazing food, too!
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Would you actually trek down to Georgia for the event?
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,143
    @speed51133 sure would, with her giant RTIC filled with meat.  We’d just go down the day before.  It’s not that far of a drive.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 12,953
    I think you should give tickets to @ryantt and Mrs. tt. Cooks tickets, of course. Their daughter, Norah Grace, is only 10 years old and I assume could tag along, ticketless, even though she would be doing all of the cooking. =) 
    +1

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I think you should give tickets to @ryantt and Mrs. tt. Cooks tickets, of course. Their daughter, Norah Grace, is only 10 years old and I assume could tag along, ticketless, even though she would be doing all of the cooking. =) 
    +2
  • billt01billt01 Posts: 995
    I think you should give tickets to @ryantt and Mrs. tt. Cooks tickets, of course. Their daughter, Norah Grace, is only 10 years old and I assume could tag along, ticketless, even though she would be doing all of the cooking. =) 
    +3
     "Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
                                                                                                     -Jane
                                                                                                     "Man and Superman"
    Have:
     XLBGE / LBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3), Blackstone 36

Had:
    Lang 60D, Cookshack SM150, Stumps Stretch, Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• NCSmokyNCSmoky Posts: 375

+4
    Charlotte  NC - XL LG Med Mini MM 
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 2,442
    +5

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,492
    It was a good time a couple years ago when Brooke and I were able to meet up with @tarheelmatt @doubleegger @yukonron and @jrwhitee and their families.  

Whoever gets to go this year, have a blast.  
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,291
    johnnyp said:
    It was a good time a couple years ago when Brooke and I were able to meet up with @tarheelmatt @doubleegger @yukonron and @jrwhitee and their families.  

Sweet!  Where did you score the tickets?

• LitLit Posts: 7,537
    I would love to take my boy to his first eggfest if there’s any left. 
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,492
    johnnyp said:

Sweet!  Where did you score the tickets?
    Those came from @The_Buffalo himself, my friend.

Then, last year, I helped get your tickets to a couple in need of some.  They were very grateful, btw.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • I was lucky enough to cook a couple times for this event. Loved meeting Linkie and Dr Bbq. Nothing lined up this year until it was too late. Well plane ticket and hotel are booked. Was going to show up holding a finger up hoping to get lucky. This sure would make it a lot easier. Love this event and love 12 years of greenegg cooking.  
  • I think you should give tickets to @ryantt and Mrs. tt. Cooks tickets, of course. Their daughter, Norah Grace, is only 10 years old and I assume could tag along, ticketless, even though she would be doing all of the cooking. =) 
    +6
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • I would love to go just to show my wife I'm not the only crazy egger!
    Franklin, TN LBGE
  • mbrachmbrach Posts: 2
    My nephew Gavin has been coming up for Eggtoberfest every year since he was in middle school but this year, he is off to college in Texas and couldn't get away. Well, we find out now that he can actually come but we don't have a ticket for him. We have a nice get together of family and friends who come up from Tampa each year and camp out at the campground for the weekend and enjoy Eggtoberfest. It would sure be wonderful if we could get Gavin a ticket so he could join us again this year. 
    Thanks
  • We were able to secure 2 demo eggs but not able to get tickets to the fest. Should have bought the tickets first and then the demo eggs. 2 tickets would be greatly appreciated!
    Snellville, GA

• llrickmanllrickman Posts: 616
    this 
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,596
    llrickman said:
    this 
    Agree!

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”

• gregg204gregg204 Posts: 23
    We were able to secure 2 demo eggs but not able to get tickets to the fest. Should have bought the tickets first and then the demo eggs. 2 tickets would be greatly appreciated
    If you look at the demo ticket page, each demo comes with 2 free tickets to the event. You might want to send an email and let them know. Good Luck!
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 1,177
    yepp, +8
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • gregg204 said:
    We were able to secure 2 demo eggs but not able to get tickets to the fest. Should have bought the tickets first and then the demo eggs. 2 tickets would be greatly appreciated
    If you look at the demo ticket page, each demo comes with 2 free tickets to the event. You might want to send an email and let them know. Good Luck!
    Hey @gregg204 maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. This is what I’m reading:

”EGG demo packages are available for purchase at a special EGGtoberfest price. These EGGs have been used only at EGGtoberfest. This demo EGG Package DOES NOT include EGGtoberfest Tickets. You do not need an EGGtoberfest Ticket if you are arriving after 5:30 and only picking up a Demo EGG. Your Demo EGG ticket/receipt may be presented for free entrance to Stone Mountain Park on October 12.

$845 – EACH DEMO PACKAGE includes a Large Big Green Egg, intEGGrated Nest + Handler*, rEGGulator*, convEGGtor, Grill Gripper, Ash Tool, 1 Box of Fire Starters and a 10 lb. bag of Big Green Egg Lump Charcoal.”

Am I missing something?
    Snellville, GA

• gregg204gregg204 Posts: 23
    gregg204 said:
    Hey @gregg204 maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. This is what I’m reading:

”EGG demo packages are available for purchase at a special EGGtoberfest price. These EGGs have been used only at EGGtoberfest. This demo EGG Package DOES NOT include EGGtoberfest Tickets. You do not need an EGGtoberfest Ticket if you are arriving after 5:30 and only picking up a Demo EGG. Your Demo EGG ticket/receipt may be presented for free entrance to Stone Mountain Park on October 12.

$845 – EACH DEMO PACKAGE includes a Large Big Green Egg, intEGGrated Nest + Handler*, rEGGulator*, convEGGtor, Grill Gripper, Ash Tool, 1 Box of Fire Starters and a 10 lb. bag of Big Green Egg Lump Charcoal.”

Am I missing something?
    I apologize. The option I was looking at was $959 for the demo and 2 tickets to event which is still available. The $845 option is just for the demo. 
  • mbrach said:
    My nephew Gavin has been coming up for Eggtoberfest every year since he was in middle school but this year, he is off to college in Texas and couldn't get away. Well, we find out now that he can actually come but we don't have a ticket for him. We have a nice get together of family and friends who come up from Tampa each year and camp out at the campground for the weekend and enjoy Eggtoberfest. It would sure be wonderful if we could get Gavin a ticket so he could join us again this year. 
    Thanks
    Thanks mbrach.  Gavin is my son.  I have a ticket for EGGtoberfest.  So that means Gavin has my ticket for EGGtoberfest if we come up short.  I’m a Dad and this is what we all do.  This is a blast for the dozen or so of us that get together and I would love to be able to join the rest of the boys eating until we pass out during what will be our 8th year in a row.  But there's no crying at EGGtoberfest! We'll all still be there, we'll still have fun in the campground and we'll make new memories that we'll use against each other until the end of time!! 
    Lithia, FL

Large BGE, BGE Mini-Max and a table project I'm really going to start
  • @gregg204 Looks like we were in too big of a hurry and didn’t see that option. Thanks for the heads up though. Good looking out!
    Snellville, GA