Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WooDoggies Recipe

Options
Dixieland Delights
Dixieland Delights Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's Up WooDoggies,[p]We had a blast in Blacksburg with y'all last weekend. Lots of boozing and BBQ'n. I gotta stay away from the 'shine...it was a rough ride back to Charleston (even with the wife driving!). If you don't mind, I need your recipe for chicken leg quarters...I've heard they are unbeatable! [p]Goober,
Campbell

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Hey Matt! It was great meeting you.... especially after knowing your brother for the past 25 years. What was even cooler was making this forum connection over a beer in the shade of the ridge, "Hey, you're Dixiland Delights? I'm WooDoggies!" very cool kismet indeed.[p]I think the chicken recipe is the one Bloatus liked from Waldorf.
    I took ChefRD's Hot wing recipe and just applied it to chicken legs... so they became ChefRD's Hot Legs. I cook them for about 1.5 to 2 hours on a raised grid direct around 250-75 until they are golden brown and crispy... then a light coating of sauce, but they really don't need them.
    You can find Hot Wings in the BGE recipe section or the Dizzy Pig recipe page.
    Gotta go.... late for a party.... Happy 4th to you and Kate!
    Goober Dude!
    Artemus