Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket question

Trimmed a brisket and covered it rub yesterday. Then life happened and I won’t be able to cook it till Tuesday. Currently sitting uncovered in my fridge on wire racking. 

Question is...should I be fine and I am simply overthinking it? Or should I figure out a way to make the cook happen sooner?

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 4,499
    You're fine
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,461
    You're fine
    No worries.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,624
    edited July 13
    I'm no expert here but whenever I prep and season a brisket more than a few hours before a cook (which is 99% of the time) I wrap/cover in shrink wrap to preclude any fridge induced drying.  My challenge with the cook is to hit the finish-line with a juicy hunk of beef so I limit the moisture loss before the cook.  FWIW-
    Edit: in your current situation I would wrap in shrink wrap and then get the cook going when the schedule allows. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.