Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question

Trimmed a brisket and covered it rub yesterday. Then life happened and I won’t be able to cook it till Tuesday. Currently sitting uncovered in my fridge on wire racking. 

Question is...should I be fine and I am simply overthinking it? Or should I figure out a way to make the cook happen sooner?

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    You're fine
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    You're fine
    No worries.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    edited July 2019
    I'm no expert here but whenever I prep and season a brisket more than a few hours before a cook (which is 99% of the time) I wrap/cover in shrink wrap to preclude any fridge induced drying.  My challenge with the cook is to hit the finish-line with a juicy hunk of beef so I limit the moisture loss before the cook.  FWIW-
    Edit: in your current situation I would wrap in shrink wrap and then get the cook going when the schedule allows. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.