Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Father’s Day to me

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
edited June 2019 in EggHead Forum
I decided to cook something special for myself. I found a 30 day dry aged Wagyu ribeye and just had to have some. To start, I almost missed National Bourbon Day:

So I had a drink while getting all the cookers up to temperature:

We had some triple cream cheese that was a lot like Brie - with pecans and honey, and some toasted bread.

After the appetizer we had the main course: roasted potatoes and Brussel’s sprouts, roasted plantains, salad and steak. The steak was reverse seared. Smoked on the egg at 250 until the IT reached 120 - then seared in a hot CI skillet in the wood oven. Sides were roasted in the oven. 

Thee sides were roasted in CS skillets. 

Here it is all together:

Washed down with some local wine:

Dessert was grilled fresh peaches, ricotta cheese, granola and honey. 

All in all it was a nice meal. SWMBO approved so that’s always a win. Thank y’all for looking. .
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments