Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why brisket prices are high...

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Wish I could invest in brisket.  6x increase since 2004, no dip even in recession times.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Funny/ the place we teach just picked up Green Mountain pellet grills. He can’t keep them on the shelves. Was loading one when we got here this morning. We were talking about this article and he said the he believes that pellet grills are bringing way more people into the fold. They are just more comfortable with the set and forget aspect of it. He said that young people are buying them an a crazy rate. They love the tech. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • PlanoPokes79
    PlanoPokes79 Posts: 207
    Options
    Brisket this weekend at Tom Thumb DFW is $1,39/lb. Pellet smokers are selling fast, but will be on craigslist by the fall....🤣🤣🤣
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    "Part of the current boost is attributable to a seasonal demand jump in Texas, which buys up half of the nation’s retail briskets in the second quarter"

=)
    Gittin' there...
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I didn't have any idea that brisket was in high demand. I will say that my pellet smoker has greatly improved the consistency of my cooking. It's easy to do 1 butt or 15 and have them turn out the same.
    As far as brisket goes, being in central Alabama, brisket is not something that is on the normal cooking rotation.
    I hope to be able to get a Costo prime packer soon to see how it turns out.
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    Made a Brisket today myself. It was a big one too at 18lbs! Made the wife happy and for me that is all that counts. Super tender and nice and juicy. Made nine meals for us to enjoy!
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Options
    I can tell you all that the packing houses is where the money is being made.  The ranchers are barely breaking even. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)