Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers and First Smoke of the Year

Options
Hate to admit it but this weekend was the first smoke I did of the weekend.  I know I should be taken out back for these actions.

First up was just some burgers last week but they were some of the better ones I have made in a while so figured I would include them.

The burgers had cheddar cheese and sweet onion mixed in them. Then I topped the burgers with some boars head smoked Wisconsin cheddar which was great on the burgers will be doing again. I also put fresh jalapenos and some onion on my burger which is one of my favorite ways to top a burger. You can't grill without a great beer to go along with it. This one was out of this world from New Belgium barrel series. Believe these are only sold at the Brewery.

Had family coming into town along with some of my sister's friends for the holiday weekend. Decided to smoke up some meat for the festivities. Picked up a 10 and 11lb pork butt and 3 racks of baby back ribs. Once trimmed down I had about 19lbs of butts to go along with the 3 racks of ribs. Figured this way I would have some leftovers to eat this week. Well, I was wrong. Everything was eaten over the 3 day weekend as we had our large cookout on Saturday and then just ate leftovers all weekend from it.

Rubbed up the buts about an hour before putting them on the egg.

Put butts on the egg at 3pm on Friday. No finished pictures of the butts, however, they took about 15 hours to cook. Finished up around 6:30am so I could get the ribs on to cook for 5 hours before heading up to my parents with everything. 

Rubbed the ribs up the night before so I didn't have to do it early in the morning

Ribs on at 630am.

When I took over the butts I put in some fresh smoke wood on the outside edge of the fire. About 20min after I put the ribs on I had some more perfect blue smoke going.

3hrs in. Time for some foil, honey, and brown sugar

1.5hrs in the foil time for the first coat of sauce

Sauce coat 1
[img][http://jrphotodesign.net/public_phot...74400.jpg/img]

25min later sauce coat 2

Ribs joined the butts with FTC so I could travel to up to my Dad's about a half hour away.

The finished product

Comments

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Nice cook. I’ve yet to master ribs, Those look excellent 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• cccoltsicehockey
    Options
    Thank you.  I agree I find ribs a bit challenging.  I have only had one set of ribs I have made so far that I was completely happy with.  These were one of the better batches I have done but not my favorite.  Had better smoke flavor and were tender but were not fall off.  They had a little tug to them but not in a bad way.