Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does a challenger cart fit an adjustable rig on the bottom?

Options
yzzi
yzzi Posts: 1,843
I’m considering getting a challenger cart, but the main thing I’m looking for is a convenient place to store my adjustable rig. Does anyone have both who can answer if the rig can fin in the bottom drawer? I can’t find measurements for the drawers online anywhere and I haven’t been able to find one in a local store yet. Thanks all!
Dunedin, FL

Comments

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I have the Torch 54 cart and the rig fits in the left compartment below the XL. I also store my 17 inch stone there as well. The right door has the built in drawer and a shelf that I had added as an option. I measured the rig before I ordered the cart. 

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    I had to swallow hard on the price, but my Challenger cart was one of the best things I ever bought. Still like new after five years. I have the same one as @dstearn but with a fold-down extension on the left for more surface space.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • yzzi
    Options
    Perfect that you both. I plan on getting the slide out shelf on the bottom drawer. I just installed new travertine pavers and I want to keep them clean, this table should help.
    Dunedin, FL
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    edited May 2019
    Options
    yzzi said:
    Perfect that you both. I plan on getting the slide out shelf on the bottom drawer. I just installed new travertine pavers and I want to keep them clean, this table should help.
    If you order the slide out shelf  you may not be able to fit the rig on the bottom.  I decided not to get the slide out shelf because of that.  I also went with the nest as on my picture . If you contact Challenger Designs by phone they are very helpful.
  • yzzi
    Options
    Just ordered a cart, can’t wait. Will be a few weeks before it arrives though  :/
    Dunedin, FL