Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Alabama

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,673
Guess y'all are gonna have to drive your sister out of state from now on.

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 14,474

"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,805
    Only in Alabama....
    For those who are upset with the politicians who voted the anti-abortion law into effect that has zero provisions for either rape or incest, you have to understand that is the majority of most the pregnancies in Alabama.
    If it were not for this new law, the population of Alabama would cease to exist.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 9,640
    I want to laugh Ron, I really want to.

I may.
    Austin, TX
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,105
    Wondering what the half-life of this thread will be.
    Camped out in the (757/804)

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,805
    Even worse, what is going to happen to the man that helped create the pregnancy?
    Nothing. No death penalty for him running and hiding, leaving young girls to deal with this on their own.
    It sickens me to no end, the burden and what amounts to a death penalty that awaits these poor, young girls.
    How is this law, fair to women? 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky

Austin, TX
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,490
    I see some serious ban hammers in the future.  
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • bangor307bangor307 Posts: 92
    Interesting, so there's no effective birth control other than after I screwed I'll just kill some cells or did they ban the morning after pill too?
    I see some serious ban hammers in the future.  
    Maybe they can just start aborting accounts instead of banning them.
    Austin, TX
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,755
    Passed similar legislation here in Missouri today.......governor will sign, no doubt there.

So send the insults this way too if you must.
    I wish we would elect people that would focus on and solve real problems.
    Austin, TX
    Passed similar legislation here in Missouri today.......governor will sign, no doubt there.

So send the insults this way too if you must.
    It’s not quite the same in Missouri, because at least there most of the rapes are consensual.

Sounds legit.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,673

brown chicken brown cow...

• Eggdicted_DawgfanEggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,392
    YukonRon said:
    Only in Alabama....
    For those who are upset with the politicians who voted the anti-abortion law into effect that has zero provisions for either rape or incest, you have to understand that is the majority of most the pregnancies in Alabama.
    If it were not for this new law, the population of Alabama would cease to exist.
    Such a harsh statement, Ron. Seems very out of character. Anything to back this up with? I agree though, the law needs some provisions. 
    Snellville, GA

1-800-UNABORT-NOLA

• FlyOverCountryFlyOverCountry Posts: 348
    I’m glad Nola got banned over this thread.  I’m sick of that guy always trolling the forum.
    edited May 17

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 2,260
    It isn’t just Alabama. My state of Mississippi would have done so if they could have afforded to. The current Lt. Governor and probable future governor this fall cut taxes so much that they couldn’t afford the legal fees for the law suits. He is definitely running on the foreign interest interference plank.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 7,890
    Wish the repubnican party would depend on "Thoughts & Prayers" to protect the pre-kids, and not just the gradeschool ones...  Sad!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • HogFatherHogFather Posts: 97
    I’m glad Nola got banned over this thread.  I’m sick of that guy always trolling the forum.
    No doubt! That sumbitch thinks he knows everything 
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,136
    I guess the 30k posts don’t count for much now do they? Maybe a relatively controversial topic but hardly seemed ban worthy....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,673
    I guess the 30k posts don’t count for much now do they? Maybe a relatively controversial topic but hardly seemed ban worthy....
    agree, totally. 

• Eggdicted_DawgfanEggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,392
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Only in Alabama....
    Such a harsh statement, Ron. Seems very out of character. Anything to back this up with? I agree though, the law needs some provisions. 
    Sorry to everyone I have offended.

Having grown up in an orphanage, is my experience, to back this up.

Maybe 4 or 5, made it, from the hundreds that end up in children's homes. By made it, I mean not on welfare, and has become a contributing member of society.

The things I had seen, the children brought there to die, the horribly handicapped that the parents, or nobody else, wanted, should be enough for anyone to understand some decisions need to be made.

Then there are the other hundreds of children who have no life.

Those that stand up and scream "Pro Life" are the same people that do not think of birthdays never celebrated, christmases for those children with nothing, no halloween, no positive reinforcement other than being properly warehoused.

Where are the Pro Lifers then?

So many children wished they had never been born.

There is a difference in pro life and pro birth.
    The religious right, is pro birth, because there is no life for the unloved, unfed, uneducated, unhoused, uncared for children. But, the Christian right sure feels good about themselves.

This is nothing more than Christian Sharia law. Exactly what we spent so many lives to eliminate from the ME.

It is a shame, that a woman's or a girl's life will forever be ruined because she made a decision based on trust. Her child will struggle to make it in life, in most cases.

There is no law to penalize the boys or men that are a part of this. This is absolute BS. They can walk away free.

That is why I am out of character. I have been there.

Every Pro Lifer should be made to adopt a child. Then you would see that law changed.
    You would never hear this ever brought up again.
    Much better put Ron. I see and respect your point of view more clear now. Nothing wrong with being  passionate about something you can relate so closely to. 
    Snellville, GA

• StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 2,259
    Hope this is a timeout. Would be an absolute shame if ban is permanent.
    Stillwater, MN