Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

expanding the use of the small

Options

I'm one of the lurkers that has gained a bunch from the people on this site - thank you. I had to get a new band for my large and decided to order from CGS so I could get a woo, stone and drip pan for the small as well.

I tested the new setup on a 9 lb butt (w meat church honey bacon bbq rub). I put it on last night after a few cocktails, set the vents (guessed) and then went to bed. Woke up this morning and she was still cruising along nicely. Pretty basic stuff, I know, but I had only used the little egg for direct cooks in the past. Shoulda got the woo setup a long time ago. Either sliders or pork tacos for the games tonight, or both.

And for good measure, the last pic is of our 1.5 year old endless energy, 80 lb knucklehead four-legged friend (forgot how much work a puppy can be). I like to get out in the field and chase roosters and at 8 months had him go though an intro class on guns/birds but life got in the way of getting out in the field last fall (ACL reconstruction). Yesterday when my wife had him out fetching his frisbee he locked up on a mallard just behind the rushes. He comes from a line of labs that have pointed and I have seen him point a few times but thought the wife got a pretty good pic (I can't seem to get this pic to orient correctly).

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Eggin' with a Large and Small
Twin Cities, MN

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options

Way to make that major upgrade to your SBGE. When I got the SBGE several years ago, someone here mentioned that exact set-up from CGS along with a high-Que fire grate. Never looked back. As you note, it is a hacker and now quite versatile.

BTW- great looking dog. Amazing how the gene pool carries on.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Strong work!

Flint, Michigan
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options

Great looking butt. I had the same experience. I owned a SBGE for 10+ years. Mostly used it occasionally for burgers and sides. Then a few years ago I purchased the CGS woo, stone and drip pan. Game changer!!! The small used to be an afterthought. Not anymore.

Beautiful dog also.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet