Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly

Options
i joined Costco just because they had pork bellies. Every time weve gone in there since we joined I’ve checked and nada until today. They had five and I bought three of them. I’m excited. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Don’t omit burnt ends.  Game changer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • TexasisBestest
    Options
    Pork belly bites are life....
    Dallas Texas.
    2 x XLBGE 1 x LBGE.
    Tech:  EggGenius and Thermoworks Smoke w Gateway
    Lump: Rockwood/Fogo
    Wood: Cherry, Apple, PostOak, Pecan
    Meat: Costco, Deep Cuts
    Rubs: Meat Church, HardcoreCarnivore, John Henry's
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    FWIW I've had good luck with Costco when I've asked through the glass for items that aren't out on display.  At least for their more common offerings like pork butts and the like.  I haven't specifically asked for pork bellies, though.  Anyway, I'm glad you were able to load up.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    Yeah we asked the guy at the counter last week and he said they didn’t carry pork belly. Either way I’m glad we finally got a couple. It’s been a while since I was able to make home made bacon. My boys have been asking when we get to have the good bacon again. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congratulations.  I look forward to seeing the magic.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95