Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Brisket I have Done

Options
I cooked a 16 pound HEB Choice brisket yesterday using a modified Travis method.  I put mustard,salt,pepper,Dizzy Pig redeye express on it and put in shallow pan with halved onions under it but now beer or allegro in pan.  Added 3 fair sized hickory chunks and cooked at 250 for an hour the at 300 until reached 160-165 and then wrapped in foil with apple juice in foil and moved to oven at 325.  Cooked till buttah  about 203 then left in oven with oven off for about 45 mins. Removed and opened foil to cool and cut when cool enough. We are only about 30 mins from Killens in Pearland but this was better brisket than we get there.   Am doing another today with same method to see if it was the meat or the process. today with a Kroger choice which was not as limber as the HEB one.  Also, I forgot to mention that before wrapping I sprayed with apple juice every hour.
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    No better feeling than nailing a brisket. Congrats. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Awesome brisket success for you.  Way to go!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Great.  Get some pics today.

And it wasn't the meat OR the process.  It was probably the meat AND the process.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    The second one came out very similar
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!! 
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice! Take pics next time of the journey!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf