Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Traveling With Ribs and Saving Bark Question

Options
I need to travel about a half hour with 8 racks of ribs this afternoon. My plan is preheating my RTIC and throwing some warm towels inside. (Yes, I wish I had a Cambro) 

I was thinking of wrapping each rack individually in foil to keep each rack warm for an hour or so before being cut and putting in chafing dishes once there. The downfall is the bark will get a little mushy.

So I'm thinking I could put all 8 racks in a full size pan than cover with tin foil. This way it might save some bark rather than individually wrapping each. (I'm not saucing either. That will be on the side. So I can stack ribs without issue) Do you think they will stay warm for an hour resting on top of each other in a pan with foil? (The one thing I have going for me is that people like fall off the bone ribs around here. So it isn't super critical on bark but more less for my sanity!

Thanks for any suggestion 
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments