Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PB burnt ends

Options
Hey all,

Doing some PB burnt end today and was following Malcom recipe. Question, should i do iniitail cook direct or indirect ?

thx

Mike
Central Florida

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I would go indirect

i SV mine a day ahead of time, press it with a weight, finished product is nice and uniform
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTheMann
    Options
    If on an egg do indirect.  I would increase the time of the cook (before you put them in a pan) by about 20 minutes.  I have done this recipe a few times and found that on an egg the cubes do no render down as much as they did for Malcom on his Gateway drum.   
    Just outside Atlanta, GA
    LBGE with Adjustable Rig, XLBGE with Adjustable Rig, ThermaQ, Flameboss 200 & 300. 
  • 510BG
    510BG Posts: 189
    Options
    CTheMann said:
    If on an egg do indirect.  I would increase the time of the cook (before you put them in a pan) by about 20 minutes.  I have done this recipe a few times and found that on an egg the cubes do no render down as much as they did for Malcom on his Gateway drum.   
    Facts add more time