Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need a bigger egg

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Allows for great airflow around the protien
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Good point @lkapigian. This was going to be another fire roasted salsa cook, but after firing up the large I learned we were leaving in 1 hour. So I found some wagyu ground beef in the fridge. It was really good except I didn’t want to move the rig hot from the raised position. I wish I would have lowered the grid for some char. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @cookingdude555 - with your sig line all you have left to round out the family is the XXL.  Good luck springing for that one =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Haha @lousubcap. I considered it when I bought my second XL in April. I had the choice of two XLs or one XXL. For my needs this made more sense. I can see the need for some to have an XXL, but for me it wasn’t there. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I see a Mini Max in your future. 
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    I want a mini max so bad.  It’s just me and the misses so the majority of my cooks could be done on the mini max.  Xmas is right around the corner.....
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I want a mini max so bad.  It’s just me and the misses so the majority of my cooks could be done on the mini max.  Xmas is right around the corner.....
    I actually got my first personal experience with it this weekend at the tailgate. I’m thoroughly impressed. I was using the woo setup in lieu of the Conveggtor. 

Wondering if the small swing grate by Smokeware works with the MM?
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    @pgprescott, already have one :)

I have a Kamado Joe jr waiting for me for Christmas.  It was new in box, never registered and I think I paid $150 for it.  

I'm excited to compare the two from a cooking point of view.  I was thinking about it the other day and since I use stainless tables for my prep/small grill holding zone, I think I may like the MM better since it is shorter.  We will see tho.
  • Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 141
    Options
    I love my KJ Jr.  Cooked a couple pork tenderloins Sunday morning for sliders.  The sliders were better than football this week.
    Carrollton, Va
  • BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    Options

I have a Kamado Joe jr waiting for me for Christmas.  It was new in box, never registered and I think I paid $150 for it.  

I'm excited to compare the two from a cooking point of view.  I was thinking about it the other day and since I use stainless tables for my prep/small grill holding zone, I think I may like the MM better since it is shorter.  We will see tho.

Your MM has a nut laying in the right front corner...wonder what it cam off of?
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    BobDanger said:

Your MM has a nut laying in the right front corner...wonder what it cam off of?

Looks like there's one on the other side too, and appears to be welded onto the grate. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    @BobDanger & @SonVolt, It’s part of the woo raised grid from ceramic grill store. It keeps the raised grid centered in the grill. They’re welded on.