Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Need some help for a new egger

RRPRRP Posts: 22,425
edited October 9 in EggHead Forum
I was just contacted by a new egger who is having trouble becoming a member here. He can't seem to get any response and he is simply classified as "Applicant". I know that the "buffalo" serves as forum cop...is that the person to contact?  Can someone post a contact address to get him approved? If you don't want that info made public then send me a PM.  OK?
L, M, S, &  Mini
And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
Ron
Dunlap, IL
Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!

Comments

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,217
    edited October 9
    This seems to be happening a lot lately. 
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • Dmb3739Dmb3739 Posts: 18
    I had the same problem and could read everyone's comments but couldn't comment myself. I simply sent an email as if I were reporting abuse to [email protected]  Was up and running in about 5 days. Also, not sure if it makes a difference if his egg is registered for warranty purposes.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,240
    Legume said:
    I’ve got three new troll accounts that have been held up for weeks.
    Why do you need three more? =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jtcBoyntonjtcBoynton Posts: 2,213
    When is EGGtoberfest?  I imagine that folks at BGE are focussed on that right now. 

I remember that it took me two tries to get approved.  First attempt seemed to go into a black hole.  Second attempt got approved in a day or two.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Have him do what @Dmb3739 suggested. That worked for me.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • rtgurleyrtgurley Posts: 28
    I contacted BGE through FB Messenger and I was up an running in a couple of days.  Maybe even go straight to [email protected]
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • Welcome @MSURacer2010. Way to hang in there. 
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,759
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,867
    Thanks for the suggestions! I was finally granted membership today! 
    Welcome aboard!  ;)
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,679
    Thanks for the suggestions! I was finally granted membership today! 
    Fooled you all, it’s one of my new troll accounts.
    Austin, TX
  • My account was approved today.  I think I registered it a few weeks back and it just took some time to be approved. 
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 6,003
    My account was approved today.  I think I registered it a few weeks back and it just took some time to be approved. 
    Let the trolling begin!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,500
    Mike_Hauchertz was less obvious.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 28,043
    @fuckallyall ; I think I agree with John

• I just have to wonder what’s going through the mind of the Buffalo when he/she clicks “approve” on @Phaqallyall account. 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,500
    edited October 11
    I just have to wonder what’s going through the mind of the Buffalo when he/she clicks “approve” on @Phaqallyall account. 
    Something along the lines of “sounds legit”
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• GoldenQGoldenQ Posts: 319
    Welcome to all of the newbies.  I hope you get as much great help here as I have.   These guys are great.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,425
    EPLIGOUE: 
    I heard back from the guy and he told me:
    I emailed the [email protected] like Dmb3739 suggested - and I'm now on the forum!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!