Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vivian Howard's Blueberry Chicken

Options
A recent issue of the BGE magazine had the recipe for Vivian Howard's Blueberry Chicken. I watched this episode of her TV show and thought this sounded so good. I've tried it twice and it was good. I first tried it as she said to, cooking the chicken then applying the sauce. The next time, I tried applying the sauce as I turned the chicken. I think the latter works better. It gives a better 'crust' on the chicken skin. You need to be very careful with the heat since the sugars in the sauce will easily burn.

Comments

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I made this once, too, and loved it.  I was surprised, though, that the bay leaf, etc., hardly seemed there -- I mostly just tasted blueberry.  I really liked it, though.  And yeah, I think I'd be nervous about putting something that sugar-filled on it very early in the cook.  Glad it worked well for you!

No pictures?
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I could listen to that woman talk for hours. I've watched her show a few times and picked up some good ideas.
    Michiana, South of the border.