Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Planning anniversary dinner...

Options
Morning All:

I decided to do something special for our next anniversary dinner (late September) & that will be steaks from a dry aged rib eye roast (about 28 days)...I stopped at Publix yesterday & asked if they had any roasts available (there were some nice steaks in the counter)...the butcher was just cutting some steaks from a roast & I told him to not cut any more...ended up with a 9.11 pound roast...It is now in the fridge & I expect it to be very nice in a month...here is a picture of each side...

other side...

Now all I have to do is wait (and anticipate!).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Looking good, keep us up to date on the progress. 
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    A man to be envied...he plans ahead for his anniversary and he can cook!  Please post photos of your dinner later this month. Happy anniversary to you and your bride. 
    IL 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Haven’t done one of these in a bit- you are in for a treat. You can always trim the steaks for your anniversary and let the rest go longer. Then decide what age you all prefer. 

Greensboro, NC
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Jay, looks good, bud! Happy Anniversary to you and Kathy! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning All:

@EggNorth - Thanks...will do!

@LetsEat - Thanks...I have been accused of "over planning" at times...more pics later

@Wolfpack - Thanks...I know we are in for some good eating (I did one for New Years, but only aged for 19 days...l was late buying it)

@Carolina Q - Thanks!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL