Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip, Sunchokes, and Spinach

Options
It finally cooled of enough that I felt like posting a cook. The weather has been terrible here.
I started the cook this evening by making a romesco sauce. I roasted the red peppers while the oven was coming up to temp.

I needed some toasted sourdough, so I toasted some for the sauce and some for an appetizer. 

We really enjoy toasted sourdough with some good aged balsamic, chives, and some good salt. I also had some Hatch green chili cheddar to go along with it. 

After that I finished the romesco sauce. 

Then I roasted some shishito peppers in the wood oven - just to have something else to snack on...

For the main event I cooked some sunchokes I found at the market. They are kinda fun...

When they were done, I seared the tri tip. It had been in the sous vide for about 6 hours. It was seasoned with Meat Church Holy Cow. 

I sauted some spinach and declared victory. 

It was nice cooking in tolerable weather. Thanks for looking. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Stellar as always. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Great pics. That grilled bread looks spot on... how’d the Romesco turn out?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That's another beautiful, and well documented cook @SciAggie

Phoenix 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Great pics. That grilled bread looks spot on... how’d the Romesco turn out?
    We enjoyed it. This was my first time to make it. I’ll cut back on the bread next time. The flavors were good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @blasting Thank you sir. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Victory indeed! :clap:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Very nice, looks great as always!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Nice!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    As always an epicurean delight right there.  Great cook and pics.  Magazine quality for sure. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks y’all. I enjoyed trying the sunchokes - I had never cooked them before. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon