Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest ticket pricing

I remember going a few years ago and tickets being $40 which was a really good value. Now at $55 they seem to go up $5 each year. What is your limit as to what you would pay for tickets? I think if they go up next year to $60 that is where I would draw the line. It is a great event, but if believe pricing is getting out of hand.

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    I am able to attend this year , where is sigh up and what time ? T Y .
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    i think 55 is still a good deal, with the amount of food, the 5 beers per person, shirts and swag bags.  I think it if goes over 60 I will pass but that will be my limit. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    $55 is still worth it.  All you can eat food and probably drink (with that amount of food) for that price.

Don't forget it does NOT include the admission to Stone Mountain Park though......that was $10 or $20 per car??
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    edited August 2018

@stlcharcoal it does include admission to the park for the day, I think that is part of the cost also.  I think you just have to go through the right gate.

Your EGGtoberfest ticket may be presented for free entrance to Stone Mountain Park on October 13. For free entrance, you must enter from the main gate off Hwy 78; if you already have an Annual Stone Mountain pass you can enter through any gate and proceed to the EGGtoberfest venues.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    edited August 2018
    I plan on arriving at the Marriott the day before so I assume that I will still have to pay admission. Is the meet and greet at the Marriott worth the $40 price tag?
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited August 2018
    Kent8621 said:

@stlcharcoal it does include admission to the park for the day, I think that is part of the cost also.  I think you just have to go through the right gate.

Your EGGtoberfest ticket may be presented for free entrance to Stone Mountain Park on October 13. For free entrance, you must enter from the main gate off Hwy 78; if you already have an Annual Stone Mountain pass you can enter through any gate and proceed to the EGGtoberfest venues.

Ok.....I either went through the wrong gate or had someone that didn't know what they were doing.  Because they looked at me like I was crazy when I showed them my ticket.

I believe I came in through the West gate??

EDIT:  Yeah I was coming up from ATL and got off at the first for the west gate.  Should have stayed on 10 to 78, then come in the main gate.  Oh well.
  • RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    dstearn said:
    I plan on arriving at the Marriott the day before so I assume that I will still have to pay admission. Is the meet and greet at the Marriott worth the $40 price tag?
    I bought tix to the meet and greet. I figure it's cheaper than taking my wife to dinner somewhere. This will be my first Eggtoberfest so looking forward to it.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • dstearn
    RichH said:
    dstearn said:
    I bought tix to the meet and greet. I figure it's cheaper than taking my wife to dinner somewhere. This will be my first Eggtoberfest so looking forward to it.
    You convinced me! See you at the meet and greet.
  • dstearn said:
    If you are staying at the Marriott (or any hotel) within the park just show them your reservation and you won’t pay to enter the park.
    Snellville, GA

• dstearn
    dstearn said:
    If you are staying at the Marriott (or any hotel) within the park just show them your reservation and you won’t pay to enter the park.
    Thanks, good to know.