Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware stacker MM - What am i doing wrong?

Options
ordered the stacker for my mini max and the dome wont close... pictures, measuement etc below.   I assume i was shipped the wrong one?.. 

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    The Smokeware site says 4” between grids for the MM version (larger one has 5”) so it looks like they sent the correct one.  However, BGE had two different sized fire rings for the MM and it looks like you may have the one that is .75” taller.  You can read more about the measurements of the different fire rings here: https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/big-green-egg-minimax-small-accessories-by-ceramic-grill-store/products/150-mini-max-woo-bge

Unfortunately I think your options are: cut down the size of the posts or see if BGE is willing to assist with providing the newer/lower fire ring.  Not sure if anyone had luck on the 2nd option or if it was all out of pocket expense.  I believe they had 2 different plate setters as well.

If you’re interested in the cutting option, I did something similar to the ancestor of that stacker https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1155398/this-weeks-cooks-on-the-small-egg

Good luck.  
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    How old is your MiniMax?  If it's an older one, you might be SOL.  I know the current CGS Woo won't fit in an older MM--you have to order the older model.
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    How old is your MiniMax?  If it's an older one, you might be SOL.  I know the current CGS Woo won't fit in an older MM--you have to order the older model.
    It’s the 2015 but as there was no mention I assumed it would fit without needing to buy a new fire ring and platesetter 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Yeah, that's why......they changed the firebox and firering in last 2016.

Give SmokeWare a call or email--they'll make good on it.

I ran into the same thing the other day.  Sold someone a CGS Woo for their MM.  They took it home and said it didn't fit.  I couldn't figure it out because it was in a MM in my store on display.  Then it dawned on me, they didn't get the MM from me and it was a few years old.  So, gotta order them the older model from CGS.
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    I would call Bruce @ BGE, he replaced my fire ring with the new version with out a problem.
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    kdink said:
    I would call Bruce @ BGE, he replaced my fire ring with the new version with out a problem.
    I would leave out that you want it so you can use an aftermarket product though.  :)