Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Richard Watts

Options
What’s best way to do pork tenderloin on egg. 
Direct or with plate setter?

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    You can do either way but every time I've made it I go direct at around 350-400. It's always excellent.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Direct, 350 - 400, get a nice finish on it and it will be done. Indirect will probably be over before you get the outside nicely done.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yep, what he said.  Pull around 130F, will rise to 140 if you cook hot, less if you cook less hot.
    Options
    400°, 5 minutes per side, raised direct. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Aren't they cylindrical??????
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Figure on 20 mins +/- raised direct with around 350-375*F on the dome to an internal of 135*F or so.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DO NOT go to an internal of 160 which you see every so often.  Pull when it is no hotter than 140.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Aren't they cylindrical??????
    I'm sure you can figure it out. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Direct, 350 - 400, get a nice finish on it and it will be done. Indirect will probably be over before you get the outside nicely done.
    Say what? You limeys aren’t as stupid as Donnie says you are. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Say what? You limeys aren’t as stupid as Donnie says you are. 
    :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/-vMH7FslCcU

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL