Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Filets again sooooo good

JMCXLJMCXL Posts: 1,028
cooked these maybe 4 times, the last 2 I cooked 250-300 until internal temp reached 125.

Cranked up to 550 and about 1 min or less each side

just amazing (and easy) if you watch temp.


Northern New Jersey
XL - Woo2, AR      L - Woo     MM - Woo     Medium - Woo       MINI

Check out www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Gripping with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out "Grilling With Papa J" YouTube Page for Fun, Interesting BGE Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkiSaIDafraS4q36Gn6Saxw

Follow me on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

Comments

  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,609
    Now that is bringing it home.  Great money shot and extra credit for the fork placement.  Congrats.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • dharleydharley Posts: 193
    Absolutely beautiful!
    Second hand LBGE with New PSWOO, 36" Blackstone- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

    Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,283
    Beautiful meat porn.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • PBandJPBandJ Posts: 46
    One of our favorites. I do prefer a little more char but I would tear that up.
    Woodbridge, Va.
  • JMCXLJMCXL Posts: 1,028
    PBandJ said:
    One of our favorites. I do prefer a little more char but I would tear that up.
    I agree, I think next time I will not listen to my son and take a little more time. He was rushing me. Needed to remove at 120 and crank it up to 600+ for the sear. Still had great taste ;)
    Northern New Jersey
    XL - Woo2, AR      L - Woo     MM - Woo     Medium - Woo       MINI

    Check out www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Gripping with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

    Also, check out "Grilling With Papa J" YouTube Page for Fun, Interesting BGE Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkiSaIDafraS4q36Gn6Saxw

    Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

  • mlc2013mlc2013 Posts: 666
    looks perfect
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,917
    JMCXL said:
    PBandJ said:
    One of our favorites. I do prefer a little more char but I would tear that up.
    I agree, I think next time I will not listen to my son and take a little more time. He was rushing me. Needed to remove at 120 and crank it up to 600+ for the sear. Still had great taste ;)
    Cast iron is your friend here 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,609
    @JMCXL - since you gave me the opening, if you want a sure-fire (pun intended) way to get the char then you should give serious consideration to cave-man for the finish.  Pull at your 120*F- open the bottom vent and dome-wait for the bed of lava to form and then quick sear each side (on different sections of the coals).  You will get the char (45-60 secs) per side.  FWIW-
    Long tongs for this exercise.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • JMCXLJMCXL Posts: 1,028
    lousubcap said:
    @JMCXL - since you gave me the opening, if you want a sure-fire (pun intended) way to get the char then you should give serious consideration to cave-man for the finish.  Pull at your 120*F- open the bottom vent and dome-wait for the bed of lava to form and then quick sear each side (on different sections of the coals).  You will get the char (45-60 secs) per side.  FWIW-
    Long tongs for this exercise.  
    tired it once but didn't do the cook correctly.  Think the next time i will give that a try.  The Char would add a lot to the cook. Thanks for the heads up.
    Northern New Jersey
    XL - Woo2, AR      L - Woo     MM - Woo     Medium - Woo       MINI

    Check out www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Gripping with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

    Also, check out "Grilling With Papa J" YouTube Page for Fun, Interesting BGE Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkiSaIDafraS4q36Gn6Saxw

    Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,890
    Nice work.  Thanks for sharing.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 488
    Get a spider and 13” grate from cgs - invert it - gets you right down on top of the coals.  I wouldn’t do the reverse sear thing.  Just go hot and direct w multiple flips.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 839
    Great looking steak!
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,290
    Love it.. you nailed it Brother 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,297
    Looks WONDERFUL!
  • Matt86mMatt86m Posts: 116
    Looks spot on!
    Cows eat grass therefore I am Vegan
    IG -->  matt_86m
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,200
    JMCXL said:
    lousubcap said:
    @JMCXL - since you gave me the opening, if you want a sure-fire (pun intended) way to get the char then you should give serious consideration to cave-man for the finish.  Pull at your 120*F- open the bottom vent and dome-wait for the bed of lava to form and then quick sear each side (on different sections of the coals).  You will get the char (45-60 secs) per side.  FWIW-
    Long tongs for this exercise.  
    tired it once but didn't do the cook correctly.  Think the next time i will give that a try.  The Char would add a lot to the cook. Thanks for the heads up.
    Buy a cheap cast iron pan and just place the pan directly on top the hot lump. It will be hot enough to sear in minutes. Welders glove is nice to have.
    Great looking steaks.
    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,132

    good looking grub, my friend


    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,722
    Outstanding.  

    XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

    San Antonio, TX

Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.