Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Sirloin?

Options
Costco had pork sirloin on sale so I picked up a pack. I’ve made pork tenderloin a million times, but not these. They are decent size chunks and the butcher said they were leaner. Any tips? I plan on smoking with Apple wood. I’ll probably slice them the first meal and then maybe slice the leftovers thinner for sandwhiches later. What would the ideal internal temp be?

thanks

Comments

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    Well, here they are. Dusted with @blind99 Carolina dirt. They are at about 150 right now. I’ll probably let them go a few more minutes and then tent them. They seem pretty stiff based on the probe. Sort of a weird size. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Excellent I’m looking forward to hearing about that rub, I’ve never tried it, but I love their sauces. 

Never cooked that cut; my guess is I’d cook it like a tenderloin
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Excellent I’m looking forward to hearing about that rub, I’ve never tried it, but I love their sauces. 

Never cooked that cut; my guess is I’d cook it like a tenderloin
    That is my plan. The rub smelled terrific. I’m looking forward to trying these.