Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Flameboss 200 cover open alarm

Yesterday I had an odd occurrence with the FB.  I was out at a restaurant and my phone kept getting many cover open then closed alerts. The FB would of course then wait to resume control after a cover open event so with this many cover open alerts and the temp dropped considerably. We were home right after this began and it must have happened over 30 times. My phone was going crazy even though no one opened the cover at all. Then like someone flipped a switch, it all stopped and functioned normaly. 

Anyone else ever experience this? It was more embarrassing then serious as we had family over and everyone was wanting to know why the FB was pinging my phone every couple minutes. 
--
Jeff
Near Twin Cities, MN
Large BGE

Comments

• zman51zman51 Posts: 61
    Hope someone ways in because the exact same thing happened to me Saturday. Like you said then all of sudden stopped. Only thing I thought was maybe pit probe starting to become questionable?
    Central Florida
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,895
    @MichaelCollins might chime in.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MN-EggerMN-Egger Posts: 92
    zman51 said:
    Hope someone ways in because the exact same thing happened to me Saturday. Like you said then all of sudden stopped. Only thing I thought was maybe pit probe starting to become questionable?
    Y'know, mine is looking a bit caramelized :)  
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • Hi MN-Egger, let me know what you cook number was for this cook. We can take a look at it and see if I can provide an answer. The pit probe is a likely cause, but we can usually identify it more confidently from the data.
  • MN-EggerMN-Egger Posts: 92
    Hi MN-Egger, let me know what you cook number was for this cook. We can take a look at it and see if I can provide an answer. The pit probe is a likely cause, but we can usually identify it more confidently from the data.
    https://myflameboss.com/cooks/244657
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE