Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo NY style egg chicken

Options
My wife is a huge chiavettas fan so this weekend when Costco had three hens for $14 the cook was on.   Did 90 mind with a little pecs. Wood before finishing direct for a few min per side. Turned out awesome 

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Outstanding!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Bf56
    Bf56 Posts: 14
    Options
    Is your wife from buffalo?  I live in Lockport Chivettas is a block away but every time I made it there’s was always better. I haven’t made it in the Egg yet did you brine the chickens in Chivettas sauce before smoking?
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Bf56 said:
    Is your wife from buffalo?  I live in Lockport Chivettas is a block away but every time I made it there’s was always better. I haven’t made it in the Egg yet did you brine the chickens in Chivettas sauce before smoking?
    Yes she grew up there (live in Canada now). Maybe it’s been a while since we had the real thing but from our memories it was spot on. 

Yes brined for 24 hours before hitting the smoker. Added one piece of pecan
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options
    looks great.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"