Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bumper crop - ABT's in my future

Options
I guess the weather has been on my side.  Our peppers (grown in pots) are looking great this year.  Looks like ABT's this week and maybe stuffed bell peppers.  Anyone else having good luck with their garden this year?

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this. I planted mine on the backside of our fence this year in pots last week and totally forgot about them this week. 

Thank God it’s been raining. I’m with ya. Very pumped about ABT season in the south. Hot grill. 90+ degrees in 90% humidity. Cheese and hot chorizo down your gullet followed by a cold drink. 

I need to check those plants!
    I hope your plants survived - I suspect you will be fine.  You aren't far from me and we have had a ton of rain.
    Memphis, TN 

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    My peppers are not quit advanced as yours right now.  Jumbo jalopeno's, tobaccos, golden cayenne's.  I have already started searching salsa resipes.  Pic's to follow when they start to produce .

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Just zucchini, squash, cucumbers, sweet peppers, and blueberries so far. Tomatoes, watermelons and jalapeños soon. It will be awhile before habaneros and sweet potatoes are ready.
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My sons and I built some raised bed this spring.I filled them with a base of spiled firewood and straw, then 18" of local cow manure compost. A friend owns a high end greenhouse and allowed me to have my choosing of plants three weeks ago.
    This is ten minutes ago. Those are Heirloom tomatoes. Cherokee Purples nearest. Mortgage Lifter, Dr. Weithe's and Brandywine's toward the back. Also a couple cherry varieties.That's a Cherokee Purple. On June 3rd. In Michigan. This is going to be an amazing year.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Yep...great crop this year. 

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    @dharley - that's an awesome raised bed.  I've been considering building one for a few years.  it would be a bit smaller than yours - thanks for the inspiration. 
    Memphis, TN 

• dharley
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:

I'll send you some home grown tomatoes....
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great gardens!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dharley
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @dharley - that's an awesome raised bed.  I've been considering building one for a few years.  it would be a bit smaller than yours - thanks for the inspiration. 
    @mEGG_My_Day, Thank you! It's not as big as they look once you start planting. I wish I had gone bigger. My soil here is sand so the beds are the only way. 

USMC Veteran

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    dharley said:
    SSQUAL612 said:

I'll send you some home grown tomatoes....
    Regulators would be so far up my wazoo they could tell ya what I had for breakfast last week.  Distribution limited to licensed dispensary.  You could apply for QC.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen