Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CL Table find - should I?

Options
greetings friends,

theres a LBGE table on cl for $225 including cover. It was listed $250 without the cover so I already talked to the guy about it. 

What do you think? I’ll add the little stand to the LBGE to raise it up a touch. 

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Looks like a great deal to me
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I’d ask for pictures of underneath so you can see how the egg is supported. I don’t see any screws for additional support other than the 2x4’s forming the lower shelf. 
    If it looks good under there, I think $225 is a pretty decent price. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I’d ask for pictures of underneath so you can see how the egg is supported. I don’t see any screws for additional support other than the 2x4’s forming the lower shelf. 
    If it looks good under there, I think $225 is a pretty decent price. 
    Sharp eye. I’ve emailed asking for pics of the underside. Thanks. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    I’m going to say pass on it. I’d invest $225 on a stainless prep table or something storage related.  Wooden tables are too much upkeep in my opinion after owning a BGE table and giving it away. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    If you want to drive to IL I'll give you my 85% completed table for free...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Kevinboatright
    Options
    Those tables go for around $500 brand new/unstained in my area.
    I got one in a package deal from FB marketplace and have added on to it over the past year or so. (Hooks, folding table, bottle opener, granite bottom, etc) No issues with the table at all. 

Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    I got one in a package deal from FB marketplace and have added on to it over the past year or so. (Hooks, folding table, bottle opener, granite bottom, etc) No issues with the table at all. 

Thanks for the insight on the specific table. 

Is it easily reversible? I’d like the BGE on the right. 

Do you forsee issues support wise under the BGE?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Also, check the casters on the table. Mine were pulling out of the base. That’s a failure point that can ultimately cause a fire. 
  • Kevinboatright
    Options

Thanks for the insight on the specific table. 

Is it easily reversible? I’d like the BGE on the right. 

Do you forsee issues support wise under the BGE?
    I would see no issue in reversing the Egg, except for moving the front towel bar to the other side of the table.  Don't for get to switch the casters with the locks on them to the other side before loading the egg in the table. I learned that the hard way. 

I see no issues with mine and it's weight capacity.... and that's after adding some weight to the table with the extras.

You can get a cover on Amazon for $40 which fits this table perfectly.  
    Atlanta, GA 

• Kevinboatright
    Options
    Better pictures. 

I did add an extra 2x4 at the bottom to secure the casters and add more support. 

Atlanta, GA 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    @Kevinboatright - I see you have your goose spread set and your hunting dogs are ready to go!   Take 'em!!

• Kevinboatright
    Options
    @Kevinboatright - I see you have your goose spread set and your hunting dogs are ready to go!   Take 'em!!

That would be interesting to watch Dachshunds hunt some birds. 
    Atlanta, GA