Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite way to serve brisket?

Options
Title says it all. Let me know your favorite way to serve brisket. And let me know what you like to do with leftovers.
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Depends on my mood.  Sometimes I just slice it across the grain.  Sometime I sacrifice about 1/3 of the point to make burnt ends for an appetizer.  Sometimes I pull it all for pulled beef sandwiches or tacos.  

With leftovers, 90% of the time I pull it and put it in ziplock bags for use later.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Leftover brisket enchiladas 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Drunk.  Plan on doing so on Monday mid-afternoon.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Inside a single piece of wonder bread folded over with a couple thin slices of pickled white onion and two pickles.  No sauce
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Inside a single piece of wonder bread folded over with a couple thin slices of pickled white onion and two pickles.  No sauce
    I do like a little sauce when I go fold over but I’m good without it as well. This is my go-to bite of brisket. I find the gooiest burnt end with an obscene amount of fat and do this. That’s about enough for me these days. The rest goes to the guests (other than strategically held chef snacks off the board). 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Drunk.  Plan on doing so on Monday mid-afternoon.
    I think we have a winner.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options

Fvck!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Options

At first I thought those were chocolate chips.

I was intrigued.

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I was intrigued.
    It’s doe turds 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I was intrigued.
    It’s doe turds 
    First thing I thought but I didn’t want to $hit all over your post...like a doe. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    On pink butcher paper and then shoving it down my talk box aggressively and passionately.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.