Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza (sort of)

DuckDogDr
DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
Got a pre-made California pizza kitchen BBQ chicken .
Heated the egg to 350...dont know if it's the charcoal I'm using or what, but I cant get the egg above that temp. (Only did once on first cook by mistake)

Cook was a success. Crust nice and crispy; used a pampered chef pizza stone i got from a girl at work.

Definitely excited to try one from scratch.

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Can’t go wrong with that!  Looks delicious!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Dang. I’m a little buzzed right now after that Rockets’ win, and I would pay you $40 for that right this second!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Looks great.
    Take and bakes come in handy, and are best done in the egg.

My checklist is as follows.

1.  Make sure inside of egg is clean for air, stir used lump, remove ash if necessary, including checking the holes in firebox

2.  Line draft hole of firebox up with draft door.

3.  Fill fresh lump at minimum, up to top of fire ring.

4.  Light with draft door 100% open, no topper.

5.  Assemble preferred pizza setup.

6. Preheat one hr, reaching targeted range, 550-600, adjusting bottom draft door as you approach.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    * Hard to go wrong on pizza...although I'm more of a traditionalist.
    * Pampered Chef stones are fine if your indirect heat isn't going to exceed 350°-400° much higher and you should expect it to shatter in a glorious fashion.
    We own PC products including the pizza stone.  Performs ok in the oven but, imho it doesn't have the thermal mass needed for kamado style cookers. Ironic enough Pampered Chef PDF says their stone is fired at 2000° and glazed. So, basically it is fired at the same or close to the same as the egg and we all know those don't break :weary:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL