Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Well I joined the brainless club yesterday!

Did all my prep work to run the egg, lit it up and was cleaning up items I no longer needed for the cook. I have these welding gloves that I just love as they are the perfect thickness to work with.  Anyway, I only find one. I hunt all over the patio behind everything, go inside the house, search everywhere then a panic comes over me. Could I have left it inside the egg? Nah, I wouldn't do something that stupid. About this time the wife comes out and see's me midstream in my frantic search and I explain. We open the egg and of course it is billowing smoke now and the wife is fanning it away and says, "yup, there it is!" Turns out I laid the glove on the far, opposite side that I torch lite the egg. Retrieved the glove and other than being heavily smoked, it was fine. 

Would've added a new dimension in flavor to the two racks of ribs I was smoking huh?
--
Jeff
Near Twin Cities, MN
Large BGE

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,389
    Ok, that was funny.
    Thanks for the story.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,844
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,006
    You likely joined a long time ago, but your membership was confirmed yesterday.   =)

Welcome to the club.
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 2,043
    Quite frankly, I'm not even sure that's even brainless enough to join that well-established club.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,965
    Pics or it didn't happen...JK.
    That may be an original right here.  You may never live that move down.  Thanks for serving that up on the forum.  
    BTW- how were the ribs??
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,279
    Welcome aboard....you are in good company with the rest of us brainless folks....oh wait a minute.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 6,083
    That's not funny. Its very  very  funny.
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,174
    But did it pass the bend test before taking it off?
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,362
    What rub did you use?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • So, how did the glove taste?
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,074
    Direct or indirect?
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,872

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • tml1230tml1230 Posts: 237
    Rockwood lump and a kick ash basket would have at least made it eatable 
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,044
    You likely joined a long time ago, but your membership was confirmed yesterday.   =)

Welcome to the club.
    Pretty sure we are all charter members
    Visalia, Ca
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,200
    I knew you had potential.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky