Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody else seeing the high volume of ACE ads tonight?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
I've already seen 5 in under 90 minutes and they have all been the same with BGEs in the background on the right side and a BGE pop up tent in the left side background. They appear to be national ads as there have been no local references.

I would think these have to bother mom and pop retailers! 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,333
    Options
    Those ads have been running for around a week or more from what I recall-
    BGE does not get the separate screen branding that Weber and Traeger are afforded at the close of the ad, at least here.
    BTW there is another ad running (7Up) I believe with a multi arm-hand woman at a chopping block.  At the close of the commercial there are BGE's in the shot, left front.  
    Gotta be either national news or ESPN sports feed as that's about all I watch.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Tomorrow is Ace's national grilling event.  Every Ace in the country is supposed to be out in force 10a-2p with demo's, giveaways, etc.  My local Ace has my BGE pop-up tent, flags, etc.  I'll be there tomorrow helping them demo Eggs, charcoal, and more.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    • Tomorrow is Ace's national grilling event.  Every Ace in the country is supposed to be out in force 10a-2p with demo's, giveaways, etc.  My local Ace has my BGE pop-up tent, flags, etc.  I'll be there tomorrow helping them demo Eggs, charcoal, and more.
      Thanks for the explanation! In our locale we have 3 ACE stores owned by one "owner" and one other ACE. Then besides those we have the independent dealers in Washington selling your lump and then the original BGE dealer in Peoria for like 20 or more years. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Tomorrow is Ace's national grilling event.  Every Ace in the country is supposed to be out in force 10a-2p with demo's, giveaways, etc.  My local Ace has my BGE pop-up tent, flags, etc.  I'll be there tomorrow helping them demo Eggs, charcoal, and more.
    My local ace is doing the same with traegers.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    My local Ace is selling Traegers and Yeti but no grilling demo. They do sell Rutland gasket off a spool and Rutland cement. I noticed it when I picked up a sack of Rockwood and signed up for Ace Rewards a few minutes ago.