Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A triple and a base on balls. Need opinions.

Options
Alrighty. Those things that look like little roasted potatoes are actually radishes. Not far from a home run. Done in a CI skillet in egg at 400 raised indirect. Tossed with a little evoo and S&P. 40 mins and then add a hunk of butter. Add some herbage of your choice before serving. Needed a bit more salt and maybe tossed with granulated garlic prior to roast. 

Now for the walk. I’ve been doing the cedar plank salmon on the kettle and get a nice finish, not a crust but close. I had to overcook these to get a bit of finish. I raised the temp to 450 before putting them on. I have always been of the opinion that the kettle can do some things better than the BGE. Maybe this is one. Any opinions?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited April 2018
    Options
    First up thanks for the idea on the radishes... Regarding your question, different cookers crank out different groceries with a different flavor profile and result every time.  (Different enough ;) )  That said, the BGE is very versatile and covers a broad spectrum of cooking options.  
    But a "Swiss Army" knife in the Q world is just that.  If you never moved outside the BGE result world you would be justifiably thrilled with the outcomes.  However, there are other protein/cook specific rigs that will produce a different/better (?) outcome because they are set-up for that process.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it tonight.  FWIW-
    Edit:  love the baseball reference!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Here's my radish recipe. 

Cook ok then just like you did, pull out the first drawer to the left of the sink and dump them in the trash. Done. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I don't like radishes but I've never had them cooked.  I'll try anything once.  Stand by.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I like my radishes raw sprinkled with salt

i love my kettle cook on it a lot. That’s a nice plate man! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf