Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Warranty Question

Options
My firebox is cracked. Been cracked for months but getting bigger.

I bought my Egg at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago in 2012.

I have a vague memory of the store filling out the warranty card for me and telling me he would send it in.

Moved to Austin in 2014. 

I do not have my receipt.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance.
Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    ive only been asked where and when i purchased, never been asked for a receipt.  i am not even sure bge saves the warranty card, its strange they make you fill out the card and then never send out any sale info, new product info etc.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    ive only been asked where and when i purchased, never been asked for a receipt.  i am not even sure bge saves the warranty card, its strange they make you fill out the card and then never send out any sale info, new product info etc.
    Thanks.

Would you suggest I contact the original store or my local store.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    i would go to the local store, if theres a problem after that get a hold of bge. ive had to go back with a name and number for them to call at bge before, they never called and the part was just replaced. bge once shipped me a firebox at no charge but that was a long time ago
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Just left BBQ Outfitters. They told me to take a picture of it in the egg and email it to their office manager and she would take care of it. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I’ve had good luck with BBQ outfitters under exact circumstances. They have taken cater of it several times for me. My dealer in WI where I bought it had actually gone out of business so I couldn’t get a copy of the receipt. A pretty sure Faradays will take care of you too, I know Tony and he’s very service oriented. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    Options
    Yup, any dealer can process a warranty and do not need a receipt. I've never seen a receipt for the dozens of warranties I've done. Picture and e-mail is all a dealer should need. 
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • dmchicago
    Options
     A pretty sure Faradays will take care of you too, I know Tony and he’s very service oriented. 
    I've met Tony a few times now. Super nice guy.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Yup, any dealer can process a warranty and do not need a receipt. I've never seen a receipt for the dozens of warranties I've done. Picture and e-mail is all a dealer should need. 
    I was really concerned that I didn't have my receipt. Turned the office upside down.

I should have asked first!
     :s 

Dennis - Austin,TX