Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15" Ceramic Stone on Large BGE?

Options
I'm considering getting a 15" stone for my large to increase the heat deflection area.  Anyone know if it will work with the spider?  Anyone have an opinion?

I use a Flame Boss for long cooks, so I don't worry too much about decreased air flow.
Dallas (University Park), Texas

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I believe that the new "Conveggtor" is about that same size. The older ones are around 13".
    Personally I like to use the R&B Stone, 13x17 Oval Ceramic Stone, from the Ceramic Grill Store and my PSWoo.
    It provides for stone coverage all the way across the Large Egg so the ends of ribs or briskets don't get over cooked early on in the cook.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    you will need to flip the spider upsidedown to raise it over the fire ring, 15 inches is pretty close to the firering inside dimension. i think my stone is 15.5 inches
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts!  Didn't think about possibly needing to flip the spider.  The oval is a thought.

I was planning on getting the double half moons for max flexibility.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Not sure about the spider application but I have had a 15 CGS stone for about a year and a half that we have used for pizzas, calzones, pretzels etc... I have been really happy with the product.
    LBGE
    AL