Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Ham But

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Ok , rubbed with Dijon mustard and coated with Raging River. To be cooked indirect over a drip pan with a coke in it.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Low and slow my fried.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Applewood chips. By midnight for almost ten pounds? I don’t normally do low and slow as I have no gasket.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If I could find one that size I'd give it a shot, though I doubt it would taste like "ham". More like pork loin I would think. At least it wouldn't have all that salt! But I rarely see fresh ham and what I HAVE seen is twice that size.  

Looking forward to to hearing about your results!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well it looks like they took a pig’s hind leg, cut it in two and I got the shank end. It is to take to my parents for the weekend. The boxer dog is coaching from the other side of the backyard fence.