Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Dining In The Albany Area

CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
edited February 2018 in EggHead Forum
My son, daughter-in-law, wife, and I were in Albany, NY last evening to see Les Misérables at Proctor’s Theater in Schenectady. Prior to the show we ate at Tara Kitchen, a Moroccan restaurant that I can heartily recommend. We sat the bar and all of the food was prepared right in front of us.

Entrees were:

- Fish, shrimp, and scallops in a tomato chermoula
- Lamb, oranges, and cauliflower
- Lamb with chickpeas parsley chermoula and tomato jam
- Shrimp with raisins, spicy harissa, potatoes, and tomatoes

Apps were:

- Spicy Harissa paste with pita
- Olive tapenade
- Warm fig salad

All in all the meal was amazing. Sadly we had to rush a little to make the show. 

For breakfast this morning we hit up Iron Gate Cafe, another amazing dining spot. I had what they called the Pyeongchang Bowl which consisted of braised pork shoulder, curry rice, avocado,  Brussels sprout slaw, and a poached egg on top. Added some Cholula over the top and I was in heaven. 

If you are looking for dining options around Albany, check out Tara Kitchen and Iron Gate Cafe. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments