Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl OT Chili

Seeing the various posts on this I knew I had to try it and well Super Bowl is for unique food right....

My Chef neighbor and I spent some time talking about this and agreed to do it together.  We made a Brisket Chili a few months back that I did the meat, he did the base so we thought lets do this again.

Basic ingredients- he made the base and I know he tweaked this some
2 pounds meat- Ground Beef, Beef Tenderloin -75%/25%
Chili Seasoning for 2# of meat
2 tablespoons. olive oil
1 Red onion chopped
1 Red, Yellow, Serrano Pepper
1 can Green Enchilada Sauce
1 Can Rotel
1 cans (28oz) diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon granulated garlic

And the cook
Set up on the egg with a rack of ribs

Just about to pull

I wrapped the 'meatball' for 30 minutes and let it rest.  This is the base before covering with lid and waiting for the meat

Starting the Chop- great crust- left it fairly chunky

Final product- let that sit on very low heat warming back up for about 2 hrs before we started eating it.  I was as good as it looks here.

Overall effort to make this-
Base and Meat Ball prep- 1 hr
Cook on egg- ~3 hrs

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Beautiful cold weather comfort food right there. You and chef buddy done real good.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow