Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

3-1-.75 Ribs and a stick

Today was a first.  Never had I tried 3-2-1 ribs and never was very happy with my rib results.  A friend had knee replacement this week so my lovely wife and I decided to take her and her hubby some dinner. Had St Louis cuts in the freezer.  Read some of the comments in this site and also found an interview with Tuffy Stone and the 3-2-1 method.  Did the 3, someone on this site talked about 3-1-1 so I deduced to go one hour in foil.  The last 45 minutes were agonizing. They smelled SO GOOD!!!!  Some of the bones were falling out.  Allowed to rest about 15 minutes before cutting.  Gave them the meatiest ones.  When we got home, we devoured ours.  EXCELLENT!!!!!  Oh yea, also the cigar and a Breckenridge Brewing Vanilla Porter while cooking. Mmmmmmmm...

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• Tried to post pics but can't for some reason.  

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• There we go. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• dsrgunsdsrguns Posts: 357
    Great looking ribs. Well done on your part for helping friends out as well.

XL BGE
    MD
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,138
    Mercy!!  Good food and lucky friends
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,474
    Very nice.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• dmouratidmourati Posts: 363
    My first attempt was more like 3-1-1 as well. I believe 2 hours in foil is likely too much though I haven't tried it.
    Mountain View, CA