Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RajunCajun Pate

Options
Easy and tasty.  I like easy and tasty!  Only 11 steps...

2cups buttah
1lb chicken livers
2 shallots, minced
1/4tsp thyme
salt, pepper
Tabasco sauce
1tsp cognac

1-Melt buttah and add shallots, bay leaf, and thyme and cook until shallots are transparent
2-Add livers and simmer in buttah until livers are cooked (~5mins), stirring constantly
3-Pour mixture into a food processor and puree until smooth
4-Continue to puree and blend in cognac
5-Take a sip of the cognac
6-Blend in Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper to taste
7-Pour into a glass bowl and allow to come to room temperature, whisking several times
8-Take another sip of cognac
9-Refrigerate
10-Sip more cognac
11-Serve with crackers

Bon Appetit

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    Looks Great!
    dan aykroyd save the liver GIF by Saturday Night Live
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Looks Great!
    dan aykroyd save the liver GIF by Saturday Night Live
    Thanks!  Half duck liver and half chicken also combines well.  A good brandy will work as well.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Sounds great. 
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    This one took home the award at the party.  An friendly argument resulted over who was going to lick the bowl clean.  
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
     So how would those livers be in a cast-iron pan with lots of butter on the egg for the pate? Temp and time? Apple?
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    @GrillSgt , I have never experimented with cooking the livers on the egg....although I have thought about it many times.  I have more considered smoking the liver, but liver cooks fairly quickly.  Ummm, I would say get the butter hot on the egg, throw in the shallots, etc, then followed by the livers and once the livers are done (which doesn't take long), its ready for the food processor.  Buttah and liver, what's not to like?