Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mid day main meal

WoodchunkWoodchunk Posts: 651
edited November 2017 in EggHead Forum
we cooked early today based on this thread http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1210248/bacon-wrapped-stuffed-chicken-breast#latest

we we changed it up a bit though. We stuffed the chicken with smoked cheddar off the egg and 1/2 a large jalapeño. We used Webber kick' chicken rub and then wrapped with speck and tied. Smoked at 275-300 indirect for 40-45 min.

speck adds a smoky flavor and gets crispy with some heat. It's also easy to handle without tearing or falling apart.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,873
    Looks great.  Nice work

• I love speck, and that's a great looking cook. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Very nice. Where’s the money shot?
    Snellville, GA

• WoodchunkWoodchunk Posts: 651
    edited December 2017
    I love speck, and that's a great looking cook. 
    Thanks, my wife found this already cut in a package and while it was good it wasn't as tasty as getting it cut right off a shank. It's also cheaper off the shank. Our wegmans has the shank at the deli counter.

no money shot as I messed it up, too blurred so I deleted it. Thanks everyone.