Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about Cen-Tex barbacoa

Options
I made it a while back but can't remember what I did. The ingred list calls for cinnamon. I do not see where it is used in the directions. Prob when the oregano, cumin and cloves are used. Can anyone confirm? TIA
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I think when I did this, that’s when I added it.  But it’s  such a small amount, it almost doesn’t matter.  The recipe he riffed off at serious eats doesn’t use it at all, FWIW.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    thx
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,092
    Options
    I think when I did this, that’s when I added it.  But it’s  such a small amount, it almost doesn’t matter.  The recipe he riffed off at serious eats doesn’t use it at all, FWIW.
    Per the current news cycle, the cinammon is added to make it a healthy dish.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin