Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

wood for crad

what would you folks suggest, for a good wood when I grill soft shell crabs?  

Comments

• I feel like something not too pungent might be best.... applewood?
  • AcnAcn Posts: 2,542
    I’ll be honest, I probably wouldn’t bother.  They’re going to be on the grill what, like 8 minutes?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• WoodchunkWoodchunk Posts: 638
    edited November 2017
    Chips, Apple or cherry. Sprinkle with old bay
  • Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll use apple or cherry. 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,244
    I really like sugar maple for fish and seafood.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,673
    I like to enjoy the unadulterated flavor of most of my crad and fish.  So I don't use smoke wood in most cases.  An exception is smoking fish for dips and salmon.  In the latter cases, I prefer a fruit wood, will even go with cedar or alder for salmon. 

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,409
    How’d it turn out? 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,904
    ?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas