Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Central Fla Fall Eggfest

Options
Let me start by asking, Does any one have an update on the woman from Rhineland Cutlery? There was a freak gust of wind that blew a speaker stand over onto her head , resulting in her going to the hospital .
 Watched a demo by Gentry BBQ, on how to make a stuffed pork loin, Cuban Samich , with Swiss cheese , ham , mustard sauce and pickles . Looked great. And tasted good.
There were some newer egg owners cooking, a couple that have had their Egg less than a year, they did a great job.
The food was , as usual, really good. All of the cooks were happy to pass on tips and recipes. Thanks to all of them for taking the time to do this.
Flame Boss was there with a knowledgeable representative, only had the top of the line item on display, but they were Egg users, and could discuss the techniques they use along with which products/accessories go best with differing cooks. 

There was a cook, sorry I didn’t get their names, that grilled a wide variety of things, from Portabello mushrooms to Salmon, to Apple danish, that I have to mention. My wife missed the mushroom cook and when she asked about it they put a couple of caps on the grill right then for her. And gave her what was left of their home made rub, thanks for that.
It was a good time, in an out of the way location, but worth the drive, for me anyway.

Comments

• saratoga2323
    Options

We drive up from Miami for this Fest.  Peter puts on a really nice event and you can't beat the location.  As always, great food from Chris from Gentry's BBQ, Rick and Jen, Pat, and Peter's brother in law with that steak that was DELICIOUS!! Josh from True Craft BBQ was missed. Can't wait to come back next year. 

XL - LG - 2 Mini Max
    Miami Fl.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    KayNOcook and I usually make this fest couldn't this year only because we just arrived in Okeechobee FL late Monday and just not able to make it happen. Hope to arrive in Okeechobee first of November next year and if we do we will be at this fest as it's a great One. Missed our fiends and the fun for sure. Jim  

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2017
    Options
    OP.....out of left field here....I have been in contact with Phillip (also with Rhineland Cutlery) on an order and would be happy to ask. Not connected by attendance or to the Eggfest in any way....just happy to inquire on your behalf. Will get back to you if he will share.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow