Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

American Soil Flatbreads (and Buffalo Gifts)

Options
Killit_and_Grillit
Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
edited October 2017 in EggHead Forum
My parents just got back from an anniversary trip (Israel, Germany, Switzerland, Iceland). 

They thought per our conversation while they were in the Iceland airport they were coming home to a new grandkid but after a long evening in the hospital last night we were told to go home. 

Well they wanted to see the Queen Grandkid when they got home so in my sleep deprived state I tossed together a prosciutto, pear, and drunken goat cheese app and some Flatbreads. 

1) Olive oil, anchovies, burnt grape tomatoes, garlic, balsamic reduction, olives, and shaved Parmesan. 
2) Pimento cheese, pepperoni, jalapeño, olives, pineapple (I don't know, she's pregnant as **** I just do what I'm told)  

i caught lil bit trying to yank her fishing pole down on the way in  

Now for the funny bit. My BIL and I both keyed my dad up to get us some beer steins while in Germany. Instead tonight we were given our choice of rosewood handled or @The_Buffalo horn handled Italian switch blades. I chose the Buffalo horn since last time my dad was in France (15 years ago) he bought me the same knife, same brand, same style in rosewood. 

Morale of the Story. Parents. Next time they travel tell your wife to ask for chocolates, they'll listen to her.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Pretty girl...and the flatbread pizza looks good, too. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I must be sleep deprived too. The flatbreads look awesome.....but not sure I kept up with the entire story.  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    GDF'N - A @northGAcock. Robin. I'm tired. My parents made it home. The baby didn't come. They keep giving me the same gifts I have literally never asked for.  ;) Did I mention I'm tired?

Also, @YukonRon when she started counting contractions I tossed those wings on and she scarfed them down while I loaded up the truck last night.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hang in there brother....you are in for many more sleep deprived nights. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice cook. Especially the flatbreads with the anchovies .

When I was in training, the Ob/Gyn nurses always said there was one surefire way to get a pregnant woman into labor. Hint: it's how she got that way to begin with :wink:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Bless you brother. Stay strong, and sleep when you can, as much as you can.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    Keep us updated
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364