Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Surf & Turf

Options
I don't post often, because I usually make boring stuff like spatchcock chicken, ribeyes, fish, pork chops and the like.  But tonight's dinner was worthy of showing off.  SRF prime boneless ribeye and a Florida spiny lobster tail.  Cooked my lovely wife a fat SRF prime filet.  My steak was a perfect medium rare and she likes hers medium, so that went on about ten minutes before mine.  Topped the steak off with a little garlic butter for good measure.  I tried something new with the lobster tail.  I usually split the tail and open it up, cooking it for about 3 minutes per side.  This time, I split the tail just enough to be able to baste it with garlic butter, but I did not cook it meat side down at all.  It came out so tender and juicy, compared to the somewhat tough and dry texture I get when I cook it meat side down for a few minutes.  No sides other than a couple garlic knots.  This was about the proteins.  Crappy pic, but you get the idea.  I wanted to dig in.
Large BGE and MiniMax in St. Petersburg, FL

Comments