Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Stout Beef Question

Options
i used two chucks combined for about 6.5 lbs. lots of peppers, onions, garlic.  Since I did double the meat and veggies, I used two bottles of Guinness Extra Stout.  Meat is about 200.  My question has to do with the juice in the pan.  I think I have LOTS of juice in there.  I have taken the foil off to let some evaporate. Is there normally lots of juice?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• danguba78
    Options
    The times I’ve done it p, I’ve had the same amount of meat and doubled the stout. There seems like a lot of juice, but after pulling and shredding the chuck roast, the juice doesn’t seem to be too much. If there’s still too much, I put it back on for a bit to steam some off. 
    Bridgeport, Chicago, IL
    XLBGE, MiniMax BGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    You will be fine.  Once pulled, put it back on and let it reduce.  Keep turning the beef.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    juice is good. Sure, take the foil off and reduce. But embrace the juice, work it in.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    My suggestion is to eat it as is and not worry about the juice much. When you go to refrigerate or freeze the leftover beef, push all the meat to one side of the tray/plan and pick up drier pieces of beef/veggies with tongs or a fork. If you put all that juice into the refrigerator or freezer you'll get a lot of congealed fat the next time.
    Mountain View, CA