Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Upgrade to cart for small Egg...

Options
Morning All:

It was time to upgrade the top to the cart for the small Egg...for the last 8 years it was a piece of 3/4" plywood that had finally rotted out...found a piece of 1/2" HDPE & now ready for action...first pic is with the extension down...

next with the extension up...

third showing the support for the extension...

and finally outdoor kitchen complete again...

Using the postimages.com site now & hope this works!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'll be looking forward to seeing how well the HDPE right around the cutout resists the heat from the Egg. Probably enough of a gap that it won't be a problem.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning HeavyG:

I had probably a slightly smaller gap with the plywood & never had any issues so I'm hoping it will be find...I don't do a lot of HIGH temp cooks on the small, usually 400 or less & even if higher not for an extended period...I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL