Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooking for "Homeland Hero's" 4500 veterans and first responders on Sept 10

ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,834
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
This one is a pre-thread. I'm sponsoring the local county fair by cooking for 4500 Veterans/Active military/ First responders (police, firefighters, emt, etc)

It started as a few hundred veterans and then grew exponentially.  I can't cook this much food even with "The Grocery Cart" and a couple green eggs!! So I've enlisted the help of "The Shed BBQ." Local joint who has won the overall title a couple times now at Memphis in May and is in a few TV shows nationally. Brad Orrison and I will be slinging food September 10 if anyone wants to come help!!  He's going to cook at his restaurant and I'll just be reheating and throwing out Appetizers and single bites from my smoker.

It's at the Harrison County Fair here in South Mississippi. I'll update with pictures at the event!! Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still cooking!
Biloxi, MS
Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
The Grocery Cart
XL / Small Green Eggs

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,627
    Can't make that but it sounds fantastic Scott.  It's great your donating your time and talents for such a worthy cause.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,192
    You are always doing something great for others. Tip of the hat to you my friend. 
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,195
    Props to you!!
    Visalia, Ca
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,925
    Way to give back brother Grim - fantastic gesture.
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,572
    Nice job Scott I wish I could make it.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • LarrycgLarrycg Posts: 47
    Thanks for your service to those who have served this great nation of ours! Wish I could be there!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,259
    Great charity.  Let me know if you need a hand, Scott.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,073
    Now that is taking it to a whole 'other level.  You are one incredible citizen of the country.  Many thanks for this.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • NC_EggheadNC_Egghead Posts: 565
    You ROCK, Scott! 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle

• We had a beautiful day here today. But for many of our Homeland Heroes the focus was on Hurricane Irma. We served just over 1000 plates today and sent the other 3500 with our local Sheriff office to Tampa. They are deploying on Tuesday and will use all of the leftovers to help with relief efforts there.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,073
    Again, way to volunteer initially for a great cause but especially for the current challenges from Irma.  Your willingness to always step up speaks volumes about your character.  Thank you for making a real difference.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,278
    Don't know if I've said this before, but have thought it more than once.

You're alright, Scott. Anyway you slice it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • You're a good man!
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,328
    Nicely done sir!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,231
    Nice work buddy. That's putting out a lot food for sure. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,192
    Awesome Scott. 
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,444

That's awesome brother Grim. For the record, I like the beard. It makes you look at least 21 ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.